Monday, August 31, 2009

Neosporin



For some reason I have been hurting myself lately. No, not intentionally so you can stop typing the 1-800-SUICIDE help hotline number you were going to give me, plus I appear to already have it.


I got a couple blister from wearing new heels yesterday. I sliced my finger. No, really SLICED my finger. I took off a piece of skin, A CHUNCK of skin.


When I was younger, the extent of healing such wounds extended to a bottle or peroxide followed by half a bottle of rubbing alcohol.


While at my (Ex) Step-Grandmother's house, when younger, she would send me or my sister to the bathroom for any minor scrape or cut she saw to apply Neosporin. *clears throat* After knowing what it feels like to have rubbing alcohol poured into an open wound, I was not about to discover what Neosporin felt like upon application. No, I don't care if the back says pain free, the back of the alcohol bottle said that too, but guess what? It lied!


So, I would throw a drop of water on it, to make it look wet, hide it from the witch (meaning the ex step-grandmother) and go to back to playing, which was usually a chore around her house, like cracking walnuts.


However, some co-workers were talking about how Neosporin works wonders and heals wounds in more than HALF the time.


I COULD USE THAT!


So, I sent the man to the store to buy some. I popped my blisters (it's just water so stop freaking out), put some Neosporin on the band-aid, and applied the band-aid. (I didn't look nearly as cute as the little girl on the right does).


I did all that last night. Oh my gosh! Today, the blisters aren't sore, they didn't fill back up with water and they even look a little healed!


It's a MIRACLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment