Thursday, August 27, 2009

Changes Are Coming

So, in order to get all of my thoughts out I have decided to make a list instead of just a regular post.


1. Meet the parents.

My boyfriend told me last night, while I was making his dinner, that tomorrow (meaning today) was the day I was going to meet his Dad. The emotions I felt in this order: Excitement, Nervousness, Confusion, Anger, I'm not doing it, I don't have time to straighten my hair, I have nothing to wear, UGH why are putting me through this.

Now, let me explain. First, he hadn't even TOLD his Dad that we would be coming over. Meeting the parents is a BIG deal, like it should be planned. Both parties should have a minimum of a week to contemplate the entire ordeal and come up with questions. Well, unfortunately my man doesn't work that way. He likes to everything on a whim and with absolutely no notice. You see, he stresses me out.
I've been wanting to meet his parents (Dad, Mom, and Mom's Boyfriend) for awhile now, but he doesn't really have the best relationship with ANY of his family members. They are weird like that, they don't talk on the phone, they don't tell anyone about their personal life, nothing! I mean to tell you my Mom knew I was moving in with him a week before I did. His parents don't even know we live together - it's been over 2 months. Hey, don't judge - it's our life [Bon Jovi song fades in here].

So, I need help from you guys! See, I have this theory that no one likes me with him because of the age difference. I am 20 and he is 26, almost 27 and it seems like when someone finds out "how young I am" they disapprove. Now, age is a number, not a maturity level. AND there are some things I accomplished that I like to share with people because I proud of them and it is impressive. I graduated high school at 16, I got my AA at 17, and I just received my BS in Business Administration right after I turned 20. Tell his Dad this would give away my age, something I don't want to disclose in the beginning. But I am who I am.

Now, that I am writing all of this out, I don't really care if his Dad likes me, because his Dad isn't really important to him. Okay. So, I think I made up my own mind for me. I'm just going to be me.

Have I mentioned that I've never met anyone's parents before, EVER!

2. Easier to gain then it is to lose.

So, how come it is easier to gain 5 pounds in 2 - 3 weeks than it is to lose 5 pounds in the same amount of time. Lately, I stopped cooking (I know BIG mistake) and started eating out more - need to stop! Before I knew it, I gained 5 pounds.

What in the Universe would have lured me into getting on the scale you ask. Well, I have been craving pizza - I don't like pizza! It's a disgusting greasy food that has far too much cheese, it's chewy and taste like bread. I have no idea why I was craving pizza, I just was. So the day after I consumed an entire small pizza and 2 can sodas in one sitting, I hopped on the scale. I'm not longer craving pizza.

Last night, I did 40 sit-ups and 40 push-ups. It's not much but it's a start. Then, tonight after I meet Lover's Dad, we are going to go walking, somewhere; maybe the park, or the local high school track, I don't care where, I just need to walk. I need to excercise, I need motivation though. :(

3. 3 day weekend and vacation

Today is my Friday; go ahead and hate; I'll wait...
So, I requested tomorrow off, because I just needed a day off. Then, Lover and I decided that we would go to Sedona, AZ and take his baby girl, Cinderella, we get to take her overnight and don't have to take her back to the Baby Momma until noon on Saturday.


4. Meeting old friends

Remember when I wrote about that couple snobbing us, because the girl fell asleep on the couch? Well, they invited us over Friday night. Now, it looks like after our nice day trip to the country to see rocks and sunsets, we are going to be hanging out with the same couple. I was shocked that they invited us. Looks like we are going to just hang out at their house and order pizza, OH NO!


5. Job hunting

As you might already know, I have been hunting for a new job. I interviewed for one position last week! YAY! I am horrible at interviews, I think I am just too honest. However, I should be hearing from them tomorrow on whether or not I am called back for a SECOND interview.

If that doesn't work out, I have another one lined up, and just found out about another possible position. However, I REALLY want to work for the company that I just interviewed for. I should know more tomorrow, I'll call while on my trip if I have to!

6. Bartending.

As you read, the season is starting. Which means busy. It also means money. Hey, a girl's gotta pay the bills.

I think that is it. For now, I have everything off of my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment