Wednesday, December 2, 2009

All I Want For Christmas - Day 2


Its Day 2 of The All I Want For Christmas special.

To know me is to know that I don't ask for much. In general, I take initative to make sure that people are comfortable, happy, and have what they want when in my presence. I hope that others would do the same for me. After all, doesn't the phrase say, "Treat people the way you want to be treated."

Today, is out design center appointment. This probably means nothing to you, but to me it means the next 30 years. Lover and I get to pick out everything we want for our home from the tile and carpet, to the cabinets and accent walls. We have a limit of $19,740 in upgrades (all of which will be rolled into the mortgage). $3,800 of that is reserved for our BIG master shower. We choose to forgo the shower and seperate tub, for one bigger shower instead. I know what you are thinking. And you are totally right! That is exactly why I want a big shower. Having a big shower leaves a little amount of money left to upgrade.

The following needs to be upgraded:

- The laminate tile to ceramic 18X18 tile
- The carpet to that new stuff where the elephant lived on it and then they cleaned it and it held up REALLY well. Yea, that recycled stuff. I want that.
- From Oak cabinets to maple (I hate the seeing age lines on wood, eventually we will upgrade to bamboo cabinets, cause I LOVE bamboo everything)
- Sun Shades on all the windows, because here in AZ we need all the protection we can get.
- A Washer and Dryer
- Upgraded appliance (fridge not included)
- Painted accent walls We figure that those 3 upgrades will pretty much take all of our money for upgrades.

Which is really sad, because that leaves no spare money for the fun stuff like:

- Surround sound throughout the house (see, this is nice because the speakers are flush with the wall, there are no wires showing, and it's THROUGHOUT the house.
- Our fridge. It would be awesome if we could roll this into the mortgage
- Nice lighting, cause lighting can be really expensive.
Pool table
A Bar (yea, I will have one, maybe not right away, but I will.have.one)
- Granite counter tops
- Marbella in the bathroom instead of the white ceramic.

All I want for Christmas is...

My dream home, equiped with all that was mentioned above.

Christie's Christmas Wish List:
1. Paid off furniture
2. My dream home

No comments:

Post a Comment