Friday, November 6, 2009

Overnight

Not many people can say they have to deal with Baby's Mommas (myself included), oh but how I know all about them.

BACKGROUND

While I am not at all giving dead beat Dads an excuse (as I have one), nor am I defending them in any way. BUT... After hearing some of Baby Momma's requests, demands, and unwillingness to budge. I can definitely see WHY men in general give up and neglect their responsibility. Women, don't always TELL the whole story, and make it very difficult to be civil. For example: In her imperfect world, Lover is not to have ANY overnights until Cinderella is 1 year old. :O

A year is a long damned time and has she even thought of the anxiety Cinderella might go through is she isn't use to staying with Lover and I? It just isn't realistic. Maybe if Lover was a dead beat Dad and only wanted Cinderella more so that he could pay less in child support or something. But, this is not the case. Lover wants, thrives, and now LIVES to be an active and supportive in Cinderella's life both financially, but MORE IMPORTANTLY physically.

Lover has a beautiful baby girl, Cinderella, from a previous relationship. I actually met Lover when Baby Momma (to be know from here out) was 7 months pregnant with Cinderella. He loves his little girl more than anything and has never made any attempt to "run" from his responsibility or his obligation. He is with Cinderella Monday through Wednesday from 8am until he goes to work at 2pm and Thursday and Friday from 8am until Baby Momma gets off of work at 5pm (Lover has Thursdays and Fridays off).

Lover and Baby Momma's relationship did not end on bad terms, they are still good friends (even though they don't hang out) and both want what is best for their daughter. They are not doing anything through the court (that just costs money) and everything is agreed between the two of them (dangerous).

BACKGROUND END

I've seen Lover get upset. He wants more time with his daughter, he misses her, BUT he is afraid to ask for more time, for steady overnights. I think he sometimes feels as though he is walking on egg shells, and one wrong move will lead to Baby Momma taking away Cinderella.

Finally, he has started to come around and ask for more things. We have "been granted" more frequent (but still unsteady) overnights, which thrills me, because it is one of the only times I get to see Cinderella (I work); the other time is Thursdays, for an hour, when Lover brings Cinderella to me on my lunch at work. :D

This morning, Lover asked Baby Momma for steady overnights! I think his new found balls, came because Baby Momma seemed to have some new found balls in asking him to start paying for half of HER (not Cinderella's) medical bills (understandable, but not really something we are worried about having to pay at this point. We have bills, we need to save, we're buying a house).

I have been nagging him for weeks to ask for overnights (a selfish attempt, because *I* want to see Cinderella more), and he finally did. I suggested 1 overnight a week (every Thursday or Friday - since he has those nights off). They agreed upon every Thursday and every other Friday! Happy tears were trying to stream down my face when I heard the good news! It starts tonight and I cannot wait to get home from work, wrap my arms around Cinderella, and smother her in kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment