Thursday, November 12, 2009

...and I'm a genius!

I have been going back and forth on the "nickname" for Lover's daughter for many months now. I just don't know what to call her. VodkaMom already stole Bitchy and Sassy for her two daughters, so I can't very well steal those. I'm sure more of you that I read have some good nicknames too, but it's hard to remember them when I am thinking and writing about myself.
I have tossed around just using her first name, he nickname (play off her first name), and plain ol' 'Baby,' (original, right?) but none of them seemed to fit... until now.

Since the beginning of mine and Lover's relationship he has always joked about what a good girl his baby girl will be when she gets older. He then likes to imagine the horror, stress, and miserbility (is this a word? A state of being miserable) that I will go through once his "precious" daughter gets older. The fights, the tantrums, the not listening. He especially enjoys it, because it further proves to him that his daughter, his own flesh and blood, his offspring will love him more than she will love "the other woman."


He finds morbid humor in imagining his daughter throwing things at me, me telling her that if she doesn't behave "I'll tell Daddy," and just vivid hatred between the two of us. Now, he of course (or so he says), doesn't want that to happen and has no doubts that I will love his daughter and we will get along fine. Simple reason as to why? Because I'll be around from birth, she will always know me and out relationship as it is. I will never be some girl you storms in and takes away "Daddy's time."


Mind you, I have no idea about Father/Daughter relationships. My father is an ass-jockey and I can't imagine what in the world his is going to want to do with him.


Anyway, he pictures me as the evil step-mom in order to amuse his uneventful days. So, in order to get him back I will constantly talk about how if he doesn't watch it I really will become the evil step-mom and when he wasn't around I'll make her scrub the floors with lye and a sponge.


I know you're think that is the point where I became a genius, but it's not... bare with me.


My original dilemma was that I could not find a nickname for this child, so that I could directly talk shit about her (in the future of course, she is an innocent baby for now) and no one would know the wiser. All the talk of being mean was brought BACK up, it reminded me of a Disney movie. Which is why I responded that way. and the DING!


DING! DING! DING!


Her new nickname in my blog hit me... Are you ready for it?




Cinderella! Not only because of Lover's ridiculousness, but because I will be the step mom and her the step child and it fits PERFECTLY! You can tell me how smart and creative and brilliant I am now. No really, you can.

Now I want to know, what nicknames do you have for people in your blog? and how did you come up with it?

2 comments:

  1. my name's the only real one on my blog. everyone else is made up. for no good reason. except chuck because i wanted to do "what's up chuck?"

    i think cinderella works perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cinderella works good. I don't give names so much on my blog except Mr. Peach Tart or Mama. Not very imaginative I know.

    ReplyDelete