Tuesday, November 10, 2009

It's so Stressful. I Want to Cry.

Lover and I are buying a house. And.It.Makes.Me.Want.To.Cry...Massive.Amounts.Of.Tears.

The whole process is just a big long shitty, stressful one. Stressful ONE!

So, 2 weeks ago we bought our bed. AWESOME, right? Yea, it is awesome. We got a screaming deal, a great comfortable bed, and we came in about $200 under budget. :D Oh wait. We didn't BUY the bed, we put it on layaway, and Lover will be making weekly payments until it is paid off the end of March. Can you believe that places still have layaway? I thought they did away with all that bogus back when plastic became popular. Lucky for us, they didn't. Who wants to pay interest on something anyway? And to be honest, I really DON'T want or need the bed right away. I would rather them just deliver to out home, when we get it.

This past weekend we went and bought out furniture. What.A.Night.Mare.NightMARE! Let me make myself clear, I do NOT like furniture stores, nor do I like furniture salesmen and it was just our luck that we got stuck with... the new guy. We were in that store FAR longer than what we wanted to be, especially since we had already came in the week before and picked out everything that we wanted so all we needed to do was negotiate. We were there for 2 hours and there was little negotiating! We took some things off (that we wanted but didn't need) and finally worked out the price that we budgeted for it. PERFECT! Everyone is happy, right? Wrong!

Not more than 10 minutes after we left the F'ing place we get a phone call from the salesman. Apparently, his high school diploma is worthless, because he doesn't even possess the skills of basic math. He "forgot" to add in one of the MAJOR pieces of furniture into his calculation. He says, "Don't worry, I changed it and had my manager sign off, so your new total is [yadda yadda]." Hmm... I'm sorry, but that just isn't the price that works for me and don't you need my signature for some LEGAL reasons. Like you can't tell me I owe X amount of dollars and then change it to Y amount once I sign the papers and am not there to defend myself.

"Do I need to come down to sign anything?"
"Oh no you don't need to do that, we took care of everything."
"Except we didn't agree on the price you are saying, we agreed upon the price I signed off on, and who the hell are you to just change the amount you know nothing of what we can afford or what we have budgeted."
"Well, it just is not necessary for you to come down, you can if you want, if it makes you feel better." - Who he fuck does this guy think he is. I wish I had more time or knew a lawyer because I am almost positive that he would have been binded to what we originally agreed on, and that's just tough shit he fucked up.
"Well, it does. In fact, we want to cancel the whole contract, I'll see you tomorrow."

Yes, I don't do well with salesman, I don't like feeling taken advantage of, and don't you DARE try to tell me I have to pay for your mistake. I'll be done with you faster than you can say, "douche bag." Lover gets this pouty look on his face and doesn't say much, just listens to me bitch, and asks a million time what we are going to do. Ugh! Weren't you listening? We are cancelling the furniture. We can go somewhere else.

Lover then sticks out his lip, puts his head down, looks up at me, and says in the sweetest voice he can muster, "but I don't want to cancel the furniture."

That's just FUCKING GREAT!
At least he made me laugh, in fact, he made me crack up and I briefly forgot how pissed off I was at the Ass jockey from the furniture store.

Fine, we will go back tomorrow and try to work out another deal. I in fact, went online to do some more research. They were having some sales on buying a dresser and mirror and getting the bed (meaning the headboard/baseboard/foot board) for free and I saw something about spending over $2,000 and getting $400 off. SO, now I would be going in there MORE prepared tomorrow.

I did and took the fucker by storm. Not only that, but I dealed almost solely with the manager instead. Screw the new guy and his 3rd grade math skills. Anyway, we ended up going with different furniture, got a better deal of the living room set, and got more "taken off" than originally offered of advertised.

So, with the furniture and bed we came in about $300 over budget. I am hoping to get us back on track when we buy the TVs, refrigerator, and deep freezer. We are going to Sears and

Lover thinks that we will also be buying a pool table. I responded by telling him that will only happen if I get my bar and Kegorator. He said he would give up a TV. He would give up a TV for a pool table. Not only that, but he will give up the TV in the bedroom for it. He didn't want one in there to begin with. I DID. So, again he is sacrificing nothing. We are still in heated negotiation.

On another note, Obama extended the deadline. It looks like we will actually be able to benefit! Yippee! So now, we are racking our brains and it seems like all we think about is this fucking house, and getting the fucking loan, and what we are going to put in the fucking thing! UGHH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment