Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Morning Routine


Everyone (I can say everyone, because I've studied it. It's out there. On the web. Check it out.), has a morning routine. All routines can be different, but they are there, none-the-less.

For example, my morning routine when I was 16 went something like this (mind you I was in college at the time).

Mondays, Wednesday, and Fridays (Saturdays, Sundays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays were my days off!!! I know!):

10:00(ish) - Wake up
10:10 - Shower
10:20 - Hair & Makeup
10:50 - Rush to get to class by 11:00 (It was only 10 minutes away, and there was NEVER any traffic/stop signs/traffic lights (small towns, gotta love 'em!)

Now, as I am older, hopefully wiser, and more importantly need money to survive, my morning routine goes a little like this:

6:45 - Turn off alarm and curl up with Lover
6:52 - Turn off alarm and curl back up with Lover (I have many alarms for different times set on my phone.
7:00 - Turn off alarm and try to keep my eyes open while I curl up with Lover
7:04(ish) - Rush out of bed in a hurry to get ready, and brush teeth
7:07 - Start make-up / hair (which is still wet from the shower last night, because always put it in a tight bun)
7:20 - finish getting ready. Contemplate eating breakfast, but choose to curl back up with Lover for a few more minutes.
7:30 - Turn off Lover's alarm
7:34 - Rush out of bed, get dressed
7:36 - Crawl back next to Lover, give him morning kisses (while avoiding his morning breath) He always tells me that I look sad. (I do). Then he asks why. (He always asks why!) I tell him because I don't want to go to work; that I want to stay here, with him. (I ALWAYS respond in these words). He smiles, I give him a kiss, tell him I love him and miss him (On Mondays - Wednesdays) or tell him I'll see him soon (On Thursdays and Fridays), and to have a good day.
7:38 - Rushing out the door
7:44 - Make it to the freeway, where I get to fight traffic
7:56 - Still fighting traffic
8:03 - Pull into work
8:05 - Get to my office. I am always a few minutes late. But, I don't really give a damn because they took away my overtime, forced me to take an hour lunch, and put me on a set schedule (like I'm salary), so showing up late to work makes me feel like I am getting something back.

I miss Lover. I wish I didn't have to leave him in the morning and go to work. I would much, much rather stay curled up in his arms as long as I could.

I also wish I could have the routine I did when I was 16. Things were easier back then.

2 comments:

  1. haha i love how you get out of bed and back in a million times. I do the same thing. I actually pretty much get completely ready whilst under my covers... the whole process takes about 8 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to hear your technique! lol...

    ReplyDelete