Friday, October 9, 2009

What Are You? Stupid?



I am the first person to admit that I love plastic. Not plastic girls or guys, because they are just lame! I like the plastic that has my finger tips at one end and a bank at the other. You know? Credit cards. Plastic allows me to purchase things, sometimes big things, or as of late little things (like groceries) even though I don't have the money to buy them. Then, I get to pay the money back in monthly payments for a small monthly fee.

So, you might be saying, "Hold your horses, Christie! WHY exactly do you like plastic?"

Good question, Jacob! (I have no idea who Jacob is). I love plastic because it eliminates my need/ability to save money. Why would I save $100 a month for 12 months to buy tires/wheels; WHEN, I could charge $1,200 to a credit card and pay it off monthly for the next 18 months? Do you see where I am going here?

There is a point, I promise, I just needed to give you some background first.

Now, the credit cards I have don't have high balances on them. Actually, I guess high balances would require high limits (which I don't have). Oh, no! Don't worry. I don't have high balances, because I don't have high limits. :D I never pay late (well with the exception of a few times but it wasn't more than a week late and attributed to the fact that I forgot it was due) and consider myself a "responsible" borrower. [insert sarcasm here].

But, I would NEVER, EVER, in a million light years, INCREASE my limits. So tell me why my credit card company took me from a $900 limit to a $2,400 limit. I'm no Einstein, but that is a big leap! I know my credit is good, because I just bought a car and stuff and I saw my score. But still. What are they? Stupid, that's what they are. No bank, in their right mind, would do that! I bet a blonde authorized that move. Not just any blonde, the sleazy, slept her way through management blonde. Go back to Hoe School!

I guess I am kind of excited that my limit was increased, because it lowers my debit to income ratio and I'm trying to by a house. So, that's good. I'm still trying to pay off the debit that I have, and now with $2,400 limit on one card I can help but fantasize about all the groceries, gas, and cell phone bills I can charge to the card; while having "extra money" in my bank account to purchase... Oh I don't know... Shoes, a new wardrobe, new wheels for car, because I have totally wanted to get some since I bought it! OH! And I could darken the tint on my car, get my oil changed (wait that would be a charge) or have a couple fun nights out drinking.

*sigh* The reality of the matter, is now I am going to have to remove ALL credit cards from my wallet to not be tempted into spending more money that I don't have.

3 comments:

  1. They increase that limit cuz you proved you would pay on time and they want you to spend more so they make more. The sneaky buggers.

    LOL

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't go shopping without them either. It feels good to charge things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jody: No kidding! Well, I will show them. I took all my credit cards out of my wallet and hid them from myself!

    @Secretia: Oh yes, it feels great to charge something. It makes me feel as though I have so much more money than what I do.

    ReplyDelete