Tuesday, October 13, 2009

My Problem With Drinkers...




...is that even THEY don't their drink.

I have posted two pictures of drinks today. The one on the left is a Cuba Libre.

The one on the right is a Cape Cod, not to be confused for a Cape Codder; who is someone that is from Cape Cod. Please don't come to my bar and order a Cape Codder, I will laugh at you. I can't help it.

Without using Google, can anyone tell me what these drinks are? Probably not, because your bartender is an ass jockey and let's you get away with stupid shit. OR your bartender is an ass jockey and has no idea what he or she is doing.

A Cuba Libre is a Rum & Coke WITH a lime. What does this mean? This means, that if you come to my bar and order a Rum & Coke, you will NOT get a lime. So, when I hand you your drink and you then ask where your lime is, I will correct you. It goes something think this:

Customer: "Yes, a rum and coke please."

Me: "Of course, so how is your evening going so far?"

Customer: "Great."

*hand customer drink*

Me: "Do anything special?"

Customer: "No, but... umm..." *gives me the 'you're a fucking moron' look* "Can I... Can I get a lime?"

Me: "OH! So, you wanted a Cuba Libre."

Customer: "No, I'm not from Cuba."

Me: "No, the drink. A Cuba Libre is a Rum & Coke with lime. A Rum & Coke doesn't come with lime."

Customer: "OH! I did not know that."

Me: *as nicely as I can muster* "You learn something new every day. Take care."

...

A Cape Cod? What the hell is a Cape Cod? A Cape Cod is a Vodka & Cranberry juice WITH a lime. A Vodka Cranberry (most people leave out the AND) does NOT come with a lime.

So maybe the next time you go to that bar, where that ass jockey bartender of yours works, you will correct him when you order your drink. Then, maybe that ass jockey will start doing shit right and quit ruining for the rest of us!

2 comments:

  1. Never heard of a Cape Cod myself, but I could sure go for one of them right now...hahaha!

    ReplyDelete