Thursday, September 10, 2009

I Miss Recess



Remember when your school day was only 6 hours long. I wish the work day was 6 hours long. I also wish we had recess again. Companies should implement this into their schedules, it will keep employees from getting "burnt out." Not that I am getting burnt out, I just want a recess. Oh and while you are at it how about decreasing the work day to 6 hours too? Actually, I couldn't afford to only work 30 hours in a work week so that wouldn't be any good. See, where I am going with this?

Vote Yes For Recess!

The new 9-5 has become 8-5 for a total of 9 hours a day (1 hour for lunch) that you will never be able to get back. Imagine you had a recess in there somewhere. Or even split up your lunch into 2 30 minute breaks OR you could just turn your hour lunch into 2 15 minute recesses and a 30 minute lunch. This transforms your work day into:

WORK 8 - 10
RECESS 10-10:15
WORK 10:15 - 12:30
LUNCH 12:30 - 1
WORK 1 - 3:30
RECESS 3:30 - 3:45
WORK 3:45 - 5

Now, I don't know about you, but I like the new schedule. I want recess again. If I could go back to any time in my life, I think I was pretty happy in Kindergarten - where we had NAP TIME too!!!

5 comments:

  1. Haha if they started doing recess AND nap time! I might consider a real job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need naptime and playtime included in my work day. That would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty fair idea, but let's see if we can add in time for milk and cookies, finger-painting, and story time.

    Sounds do-able to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Twenty-Something: Oooo! Nap time! Good one.

    Jaime: I'll take play time too! What would you play with?

    Chris: We would totally do the milk and cookies for the holidays and special occasions!

    Jeve: FINALLY! Someone who agrees with me! :P

    ReplyDelete