Friday, September 18, 2009

Sir? Sir, is this yours?

Every month, without fail, I make a trip to the store for some necessities. A box a Tampax Pearl Regular, a 1/2 pound Almond Toffee Symphony bar, the new Cosmopolitan, and a bottle of Midol.

I get back to the apartment to start my monthly ritual and UH OH! My tube of Vagisil is empty. :( I need to stay fresh during the devil's awful visit, but I already showered and got in my comfy clothes; going out again just wasn't an option. Thank gosh for text messaging. I text my wonderful boyfriend and asked him to pick up a small item from the store for me on his way home. He agrees; he is so sweet.

When he gets home, I am greeted by a not so pleasant version of my boyfriend. Something is bothering him, I can tell, so I pry.

You are now going to be entering Lover's mind:

I'm standing in line to pay for your item. The cashier finishes with the woman in front of me, grabs the item divider thing and put it aside. Then, he grabbed the Vagisil, held it up and asked, "Sir? Sir, is this yours?"

Why did he have to do that? Of course it's mine! I'm next in line right?

That's not even the worst part, behind me was a group of ASU girls and guys. They were probably thinking how whipped I am and what a fool I am.

Back to my mind:

Between spurts of laughter, I managed to remind him that they probably though he was in a loving, caring, relationship. Not to mention the girls were jealous of him because their boyfriend's can't even buy them dinner, let alone a feminine hygiene product.

I got "the look."

I had to ask.

"So, does this mean that you wont be going to the..."

"NO!"

"K."

3 comments:

  1. ha! i have to admit I was a bit squeamish about reading this, but it's pretty darn funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give that man a medal...I have to pick up pads for my wife from time to time and face the judging eyes of the cashiers...

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHA! He is well taken care of. In fact, I think he forgot all about that already! (Maybe).

    ReplyDelete