Monday, September 14, 2009

Apples and Onions?




This morning I was digging through the crisper drawer in the refrigerator; I knew I had some fruit in there and since I didn't have time to enjoy a healthy bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios, I need something quick and easy. Quick. And. Easy.

AWW HA! So, THAT is where the left over "fixings" for the tacos I made last week went. Chopped up lettuce, cheese. OH! There's an orange. I'll take that. Onion, tomato. Apple, two apples. Perfect! Should I grab some peanut butter? No, no. I have some at work.

I put the new found fruit into my purse and off to work I went.

So, I get to work (mind you, I am starving at this point) and immediately reach for that apple in my purse. Mmm... Crisp. Cold. Fresh. Onion! Huh?

My apple has a suspicious amount of onion hint in it. Gross. I'm done!

Is this one of those life lessons that I get to learn and can only learn by living by myself? That HAS to be why my Mom always used one crisper for vegetables and the other fro fruits. Come to think of it, I don't even remember her putting the chopped up onion back IN the crisper, she just left it in the plastic zip-loc on the shelf.

I don't know about this whole getting older/growing up thing. Where's my Mommy when I need her most?

1 comment:

  1. Ahh! Wow, I can't even imagine expecting an apple and biting into an onion. Eww..... Mom's do seem to know best most of the time. :)

    thewheverblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete