Monday, January 4, 2010

Broken Teeth

Almost all of my nightmares revolve around my teeth. I am one of those people you hate, who always had straight teeth, and never needed braces. In fact, I once proved to someone who had braces that my teeth were straighter than his by biting into a styrofoam cup. He started it and wanted to know, I could care less, and after we compared cups, mine were straighter.

So, I'm a little proud, but I never brag or bring it up unless someone else does first - with the exception of this blog.

I once dreamed that by biting into an apple my bottom teeth broke off in half. I woke up crying in the fetal position.

Last night, I had a similar dream. I can't remember what I was doing. It felt like I was decorating someone's home, but I was at work at the same time, so who knows! All day, in the dream, my top front left (my left) tooth was bothering me. Lunch time finally came. I sat down to start chowing down and my tooth was loose, so I pulled it out. I mean, it just came right out root and all and it didn't even hurt. It was like pulling the pen out of the cap. Weird, right? In the dream, I had some strange notion that every adult looses their "adult" teeth and grow back knew ones. Finally, I woke up.

When I first woke up I remember being a little baffled. Most dreams feel weird and I woke up thinking I was still in my dream and lost all my memory from the time my tooth broke until I woke up in bed. Then, I remembered that I lost my damn tooth! And then I remembered that I was WRONG! You're not suppose to loose your adult teeth and they don't grow back! Panic insured. I felt my upper teeth with my tongue. My tooth was still there. *sigh* It was just a dream, I told myself and lay my head back down to sleep. Not before reaching up with my finger and feeling my tooth, just in case my tongue was in on it. :P

1 comment:

  1. haha I have had this happen to me a few times too. Its a dream that reoccurs like those ones of us going to school naked. LOL

    ReplyDelete