Friday, October 10, 2008

Butterflies are Ugly


So, I have my first job as a bartender tomorrow and I am nervous as hell! I have had butteflies in my stomach since yesterday afternoon... I haven't been behind a bar since June and (with the exception of the 4th of July) I haven't made any drinks, other than a Cape Code, since then either... So, I just spent the last 3 hours studying my drink recipes for drinks I can make on the alcohol provided...

I feel a little bit more confident that I will do okay.

So, it's a wedding and I really don't want to mess it up... There will only be one bar for this gig and 2 bartenders, myself and another girl. She knows what she is doing because she's been doing in for awhile and I talked to her yesterday and she seemed really sweet. I think she will be helpful.

I can only hope that no one throws me a drink that I have no idea how to make. If this happens my fall back is to say, "I've made this drink a few different way before, how do you like it made?" With my luck they're going to say, "Uh, it's rum and coke." lol...

I have a lot to do tomorrow:

Iron Uniform
Buy black shoes
Buy black socks
Costco
WalMart
Chiropractor
Tonya's
Gas Station (Ice for job)

Plus...

Cleaning and homework - OH! And I have to eat sometime in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment