Thursday, July 30, 2009

I Have a Job, I Deserve a Better One


This time yesterday I was jumping up and down with lots of joy and glee, GLEE! The company I have been trying so HARD to get a job with called me to schedule an interview. SWEET! She mentioned that she would e-mail me the directions to the location and to confirm the time.

I didn’t check my e-mail yesterday, I mean really? I know where they are located! It is like one of my top companies to work for (just a few notches below Disney, Google, and Apple).

I checked the e-mail this morning when I got in the office, and to my surprise, it was not from the company I thought. Another company, could it be? I called. It was the same (SAME) company that called me yesterday. My first question was how did you get my resume? Career Builder dot com. Click.

I get it, so in order to apply for the company I REALLY want a job with, I had to apply through Career Builder dot com. When the women mentioned that over the phone yesterday, I thought it was the company I APPLIED for.

I hate companies who solicit business. Wait, no. They didn’t solicit business, they solicited employees?

Anyway, I cancelled the interview, because for all I know they are a cult, that hires people and then lays them off if he or she is not a “good fit.”

*sigh* So, I am still waiting for a call from that company I really want to work for.

1 comment:

  1. What a let down. That totally sucks! Life is mean sometimes!

    ReplyDelete