Monday, July 28, 2008

No More # 323...


I haven't stayed at my apartment in over a week. But it was mine and I liked it.

Sometimes things just don't work out. I could have kept paying way too much for way too little space. However, I finally gave up and after Tonya invited me to move in with her and her girls, I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to save money.

Technically my last day should of been last night and then I would of had until today to be out. But I had to work and I wanted the rest of my stuff out of the apartment.

Tonya stayed at my Dad's house Friday night and offered to help me move the rest even though it was in the heat. There was really nothing big. About half a car load of things such as dishes that were in boxes ready for storage in her garage. Then about half a car load of things going to Good Will and about half a car load of garbage that never made it to the car but straight to the dumpster.

My Dad wanted to spend the rest of the weekend with Tonya. She told him that she was helping me yet he still insisted on going and to save money he would just go with her and she could take him back. I know rude, but that's my Dad.

I appreciate the help. Before we even started moving we met up at Red Robin for lunch. I of course paid. It was my thank you in advance for helping me out.

My Dad is such a flippin' baby. We got up there and of course there really wasn't much to do. Clean the kitchen (its tiny no worries) and vacuum. Well, my Dad just stands there and smokes while we're cleaning. He finally starts taking stuff down to Tonya's truck. After cleaning I took a load down too. Then we all finish it up but I notice my Dad is taking a light load down then resting for 10 minutes, then smoking a cigarrett. Honestly, everything could have been moved down the 3 flights of stairs in 10 minutes if he wasn't fiddling around.

Then, I find out later from Tonya, that he was complaining! He didn't think that I was doing anything and that I was playing games to make it so he had to do all the hard work. First of all, I never asked for his help, he said he wanted to come. Second of all, I'm not the one standing around with a thumb up my ass. And third of all, I just bought your ass lunch! Show some appreciation!

Anyways, I may not have my own room at the place I am living in now. But Tonya always cooks dinner so when I get home from work I don't have to worry about cooking. I will gladly do the dishes and he kids will reluctantly help clean up. It makes things really nice. I feel like I am at home already. Well, I guess I should because even when I had my own apartment I was over at her place from Friday after work until Monday morning (when I went to work) So, it's nice to not have to drive back and forth to the two places.

No comments:

Post a Comment